Re: [LOOP] Help: RC-20XL or Digitech Jam-Man? Quantize feature?

Wow!  Thanks for all of your quick replies.  So just
to clear up....

1. Is my understanding of the way the QUANTIZE feature
on the RC-20XL even correct (i.e. it chops off the end
of the sample to the nearest metronome beat)?  I am
just reading the online review/manuals, which tend to
be unclear, and haven't actually used the unit.

2. Am I correct in thinking that although the Digitech
Jam-Man does have an internal metronome, it's entirely
"un-connected" to the sampling section of the
unit....i.e. if your RECORD ON/OFF pedal stomps are
NOT precisely on the beat, they will just loop on
their own time and eventually drift from the
metronome?  I can't really see what use the metronome
in the Digitech is, then (as it would be almost
impossible for a human to have millisecond accuracy on
stage - and even a quarter second inaccuracty will
mean timing drifts over the space of a 5 minute song).

If the answer to these questions are YES then I will
definitely have to go with the BOSS pedal.

Too bad they don't offer anything with MIDI at this
price range.

It's interesting that the RC-20XL won't do short loops
of less than a bar!  (i.e. 1 second).  I had no idea
that this was so.  Looks like I will have to keep my
Zoom pedal/delay for stuff of that sort.

      Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new
Yahoo! Mail: http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca