Re: My piano looping video/ and some thoughts

fabio....a very nice piece of music but it made me reflect on a
corncern that i have about the 1/2 hr. formats of the loopfests.....i
am sure that i heard this tune in zurick but it did not impact me as it
did just now.....i just listened to per's 2 tunes (nice), os' tune ( i
need more beat, but that's just me, luv ya os!) and then your
piece.....this is not the proper order but at the fest if i listened to
a 1/2hr. of per and a 1/2 hr. of os then a 1/2 hr of fabio's music i
would have been burned out because there would have been no time to
decompress, digest nor communicate with the artist.....i fell that this
is a disservice to both the audience and the artis.....many times at
fests i have to run from the room for periods of time and i know that i
miss some great music but i often can no longer listen to anything
without a break, i begin to get overwhelmed both physically and
emotionally.....i know i stress when i play in front of people and i
project this feeling (perhaps wrongly) onto the artist that's playing
and i "emote" for them, especially if one's kit is misbehaving, i feel
that i suffer as much as the artist and their panic at this situation,
that is a part of the emotionallity that i mentioned above (empathy
perhaps).....so when it's BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM performer wise i
know i miss more than i hear.....i know that listening to mr. zorzi's
guitar extraganzas (which i turely love) then he is followed by say
fabio's sweet melloness, i'm at least 10-15min. screwing my head back
on after zorzi's wonderful rampage and i miss a good percentage of
fabio's set.....or stanasours making me a part of another demention
(beautiful) then not missing a beat listening to a delicate folksinging
looper (i don't remember if this was the case, i use it as another
example), stan transported me "somewhere else" and it takes time to get
back.....granted it is great to hear many different artists but when
you can only really listen to just a % of them i wonder if this is the
best format to exchange our music, when can the learning take place,
the dialogue (many folks just came, played and left right after their
sets and it was hard to impossible to communicate with
them).....perhaps i am off base with these observations but keep in
mind i am knocking on the door to the scary 60 and i am becoming an old
fart who is getting pretty deaf and i must work hard to listen.....just
some thoughts that i'm having thinking about setting a "smallish" fest
here in pittsburgh.....michael

http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar10
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci/
www.ct-collective.com

  <<My piano looping video is now on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwktlUZdWlg

fabio
www.eterogeneo.com >>

from AOL at AOL.com.