Re: new looping/drone track for your enjoyment

> Very cool Os.. :)

Thanks, and the same to the others who've replied.

Mike & I rarely work in this 'drone' space - normally we're much more
rhythmic, if not melodic - but on this occasion a combination of it
being late and various bits of gear not working as we'd intended
produced this drone set.

I found Rainer's perspective interesting, as I was mainly worried that
real drone aficionados would think that there was far too much
happening in the track! It works for me, anyway, especially with that
odd bass rhythm running through most of it.

> Nicely meditative.. can you comment on the instruments/techniques?

Mike: guitar and a load of pedals (though no looping pedals - all the
guitar looping happens in my laptop)
Me: Nord Lead 3, Ableton Live, Augustus Loop (a couple), Crossfade
Loop Synth Effect

The big drones were probably running in Augustus, the more rhythmic
stuff most likely looped in Live itself. But it's always hard to be
sure what was what after the event. ;)

Daryl wrote:
> I'm not sure if the hiss that enters with the vocal is just mic noise,

What vocal would that be? :)

Per: there's definitely a My Bloody Valentine influence there, now you
mention it. Also a fair bit of early Seefeel.

Live 6 has a new tube distortion effect which I highly recommend.

cheers,
os.