Re: Observed as a tagline on another board...

I have several pieces of Behringer equipment (3 mixers and a Composer) and I've never had any trouble with any of it.  Works for me in my little studio.  I'm not sure how road worthy it is, but no problems so far and my main mixer is going on 4 years old now.

Tony

On 4/24/07, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill <rs@moinlabs.de> wrote:
> I have noticed, though, that some of their stuff has a somewhat (don't
know how to describe it) a sterile/bland
> sound. It seems like the sound quality has some missing dynamics or
something (i.e. mixers) than Mackie.

I'd call it "transparent", which you could also think of as bad or in some
cases good, or more biased, "eighties-y". This is also true for the digital
console's EQs and dynamics, which I personally like a lot, but then a
producer and friend of mine once introduced me as "the man who can turn
anything into eighties sound" ;).

> I was poised to get one of their reverbs as a cheap way to get more 'verb
options than my guitar amp has and the >
> Behringer (can't remember the model of the $99 job) is inexpensive. But,
remembering some past experiences, I think
> I'll wait and buy a Lexicon cheap-o.

You're talking about that one?
http://www.behringer.com/REV2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG

--