Re: Nels Cline, guitarist occasionally looping

Per,

Yep. I saw him last spring at the Ventura New Music Festival (organized by our own Jeff Kaiser) in The Wayne Peet Trio: Wayne Peet, organ, compositions; Nels Cline, electric guitar; Russell Bizzett, drums. As much as I enjoy his recorded stuff, he's much more impressive live than on any of his CDs. And, yes, he loops like a son-of-a-gun (though not all of the time) -- been doing it for years with an original EH 16-second delay.

Earlier, I had seen him play many many times too. He (Nels) used to organize the "New Music Mondays" down at the old Alligator Lounge in Santa Monica, California during the early '90s. Great place, but I'm pretty sure it's no longer there though. His trio was always the closing act (going on stage about midnight or so) at these gigs. I saw him there several times. I've also played there myself. So has Jeff Kaiser (I think).

Nels is a great guy too if you have a chance to meet him.

Best regards,

Ted Killian