Re: Nels Cline, guitarist occasionally looping

I know it's older stuff, but I'm really a huge fan of the Nels Cline Trio . . . "Ground" and "Sad" are both extremely diverse running the gamut from very out skronky stuff, to very beautific meditative pieces.  I've seen him play several times as well and he's really kinetic—thrashing his guitar and jumping all over the place—whacking at his EH 16 sec delay, popping odd loops seamlessly into the sound bed.  With that much action taking place, sometimes the wall of sound is too dense to sort out, but mostly it's really amazing.  Really a top fave player and really nice guy to boot.

--
Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com