Re: ipods for field recordings

I'm very pleased with the $30 miniature electret stereo t mic I got
from "chris_in_wood_green" on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEREO-MINIDISC-LAPTOP-ELECTRET-MICROPHONE-MIC_W0QQitemZ250111991241QQihZ015QQcategoryZ15056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It works great with my iRiver ifp-895 for collecting ambient and
nature sounds. It uses the same Panasonic mic elements used in many
other mics. I haven't used it for live music, but I'd assume it would
do fine at reasonable volume levels. The rubber mounting would
probably dampen the vibration of an iPod's hard drive, though I use it
with a flash based recorder so it's just a guess.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net