From: Krispen Hartung [mailto:khartung@cableone.net]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 3:40 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: microphone

They also work good together. The Beyer has more bottom end, but the SM57
is
crisper in the high end. Some recording engineers use both to record the
guitar, arranging them in a 90 degree angle and mixing them together. I
don't know if it's a fact that the Beyer is a high end version of the SM57,
though...there's only a $50-$60 difference on average.  Each probably has
its strengths depending on the application.  I'd consider both low-mid
range
mics.

K-