Re: mandolin from mars

> Hi there,
>
> I'm enjoying "Mandolin from Mars" since yesterday.
Excellent. I like to hear that.

> Krispen, may you tell us about the looping set up?.
> Is your looping system enterely laptop based?.

Yes, everything but one song (Cthulhu On Mars, which is using a Boss VF1 for delay/pitch in addition to the laptop)) is laptop based.  I use a Lenovo (IBM) ThinkPad T60p (Intel Duo) with the Inigo IO cardslot soundcard. I use an LR Baggs acoustic preamp on some of the songs too, to condition the level of the mandolin, EQ, etc.  Inside the notebook, I'm using Chainer as a VST host, with several VST effects (Reaktor, Hipno, PSP42/84, etc...and some of my own MAX/MSP patches converted to VST).  And I'm using Mobius to loop, controlled by the Behringer FCB controller.

> Tweaks on "Probe Out" are wonderful.
> All going here is Reaktor processing?.

The frst half of the song is primarly just looping with the mandolin with reverb, delay, chorus, and then mid way through the song I start using a varity of Reaktor ensembles. This CD was heavy with Reaktor. It's practicaly an advertisement for the program!  :)

Kris