Repeater OS 2 review

just saw this posted over at the yahoo repeater group and thought i would
share it here....

posted by Peter Toms...

New OS installed and working

hello Repeaties

Well. Here's a watershed moment in the history of the Repeater. I've
just loaded the OS 2 successfully, and preliminary testing of about
2/3 of the upgrades shows positive results for each and every one.
The documentation coming along with the upgrade is spot on, listing
each upgrade, the effects of each, and the default status. I'm
extremely impressed with this OS upgrade.

Electrix sent me a 32MB Sandisk CF card with the software and
firmware upgrades loaded. The firmware upgrade is loaded first,
followed by the new OS. The entire operation takes less than 90
seconds. Note - it's not automated, you have to accept and then
verify the acceptance with a button push for each.

The only glitch I've encountered is that the Repeater immediately
self-reboots with the new OS, and it then interprets the OS-carrying
CF card as having a bad format. Then it asks if you'd like to re-
format. A small glitch, but a source of potential loss - you could
choose to erase the OS on the CF card if you wished.

After all this time, it's a real pleasure to have the fabled OS 2
actually operating on my machine. Three Cheers for Adam Scolaro and
the new Electrix! and three more for Don Goodeve, the software
engineer responsible for this fine development work. I'm impressed as
hell.

Well. and I'm going to be busy for quite awhile re-programming my
rack... there's a ton of goodies in here... i'm canceling my vacation...

Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/