Re: AW: looking for looper that syncs to real drums

On 25 maj 2007, at 03.49, Murkie wrote:

> I'll second that, Max.  The drummer I used to work with wore ear
> protection headphones with an "audio in" jack.  I sent him a feed
> from my Jamman and he locked right in.

I saw a similar concept once when touring in Germany with a drummer
that had huge all ear covering "hearing protection gear for
construction workers" and inside those monsters he had normal audio
headphones. So he could hear everything at nice and moderate level.
He played fantastic! It wasn't a looping band though, rather hit
oriented chart stuff with five musicians on stage and an eight track
ADAT tape recorder filling up with backtracks like orchestral parts,
huge choirs, drum loops or techno style synth sequences. Only the
drummer had the backtrack channels in his monitoring. Everyone else
played along with him - and as a result it all locked up well in the
PA without sounding too stiff. But drummers that can play well along
to a click track (which a looper essentially is, from his
perspective) are so rare. Why is that? Probably because it's dead
boring and totally unnatural as a musical activity.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)