Re: double-Boss-loop-patch

Hi Sylvian,
Sounds good, your tracks! Allso checked Thelooproom; very nice. I've added you.

i dont know if i'm going to use the possibility of recording back into the first looper, but it would be nice to be able to.
The AB-switching wont be the problem i think, because in my proposed setup both loopers' signals will allways run to the amp.
The biggest problem will be though to switch one off and the otherone on at the same time. (need 2 feet for that)

Narrowing down is good! But i'm still in the exploriation fase. Have to find out whats possible first. This is my first oneman-thing (have been in multi-person-bands only)
And offcourse i want to keep it intuitive and easy.
That's why i was curious how you guys work with the possibilities and where the freedom and intuitive playfullness ends for you guys.
Maybe i should start a thread on "This is my signalpath."   (including ab-switches and volumepedals)
But maybe you guys allready did that ages ago.

cheers, nathan

Op 29-mei-2007, om 20:26 heeft Stephen Scott het volgende geschreven:

Hi Nathan, barge away,

This techique of creating a short loop, then manually multiplying by re-recording into a longer loop is perfectly valid, and one that many loopers use, myself included.  Your idea of being able to feed the new loop back into the first looper to create another longer (or shorter) loop is commendable.  This will work fine,  you won't lose too much audio quality, but getting the timing spot-on is going to be a major headache, especially live.  Also the mechanics of physically switching the correct A-B box etc. at the right time will also prove to be a bit of a nightmare in a live situation, beware !

I used to have a very complex switching system that allowed me to send a loop from one device into the input of any other device (including the front end of my guitar preamp/multiFX), which gave me lots of versatility, but slowed up the music making process too much to be of any use live.  I have simplified my rig somewhat, but aim to simplify further so that I can concentrate more on making music and expanding ideas, rather than pushing buttons and giving less room for technological errors (live anyway).

Hava look at the pics of my set up on myspace, and listen to some tracks while you're there.

http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher

Hi everybody,

Sorry to barge into the "discussion" . I'm new here but have been
recieving the mail for a while now.
I'm Nathan from Amsterdam/The Netherlands and i have a one-manproject
with a electronic/acoustic drumkit and this instrument i made which
is like a little table with amplified basestrings on it.

I have i question for you guys, maybe you can help me.
I use a Boss RC20xl in which i feed the electronic part of my drumkit
plus the stringthing, but want to be able to run more loops.
So i am thinking of buying an rc2 to join in on the fun. The
signalpath i was thinking of is;
soundsource>looper#1>looper#2>amp, but allso from looper#1 straight
to amp(with a double jack-thingie) AND from looper#2 by means of an
AB-switch back to looper#1.
i only have to add 2 volumepedals (one for each)

this way i can **copy loops from one looper to the other and
**adjust the starting and endingpoint of them
**have a lot of possibilities to erase any
mistakes

it'll just be quite difficult to use this all with possibly only one
foot.
and yes; i would love to have an echoplex!!! but it's a lot of money
(€1333,- over here and this extra rc2 is 179,-)

o wait, the question is; is this a good idea?
the music i make is quite experimental and noisy, but good timing is
still very essential. i guess you could see my stuff as Steve Reichs
"Drumming" and then with distortion or something. :)

bye!