Re: Re: rain samples to share

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Ted Killian wrote:

> Hi there,
> Very nice recording there.
> I felt I was there.
> I just wasted a bit of money buying some CD's of some environmental
>sounds
> like that.
> Yeah, yeah, I know I could've recorded my own but it hasn't rained here
> lately.
> Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, I'm happy to share the experience. It was a great rain, I just
felt like hitting "Record".

> Got any more?
> Best,
> Ted Killian

Sure, here's some collected recordings I've made with the Snowball of
ambient weather in three cases, and of a running refrigerator compressor
motor (by request of someone either on this list or the ct-collective
list, I can't remember at the moment).

B.L.U.E. Snowball, high-gain firmware, Mac Powerbook, using Ambrosia
Software's WireTap Pro, 44.1, mono, 16-bit.

http://www.subscapeanne.com/other/snowfall_at_imbolc.mp3
        (turn up loud, it's subtle - it's snow falling. The mic is
        sensitive, but not *that* sensitive*.)
http://www.subscapeanne.com/other/bog_night_wind_1.mp3
http://www.subscapeanne.com/other/ambient_postrain.mp3
http://www.subscapeanne.com/other/fridgemp3.mp3

http://www.subscapeannex.com/other/newyearsdawn.mp3 (10min, mp3)
http://www.subscapeannex.com/other/newyearsdawn.aiff (same as above in
original AIFF)
http://www.subscapeannex.com/other/newyearsdawn2.mp3 (22min, mp3)

Made the first new year's piece while it was still too dark to read
outside, second one about five minutes after the end of the first. There's
a hawk hanging around, some dripping from the rain last night, etc.

Finally, I left the mic recording when I didn't realize it once, and
recorded several minutes of myself sitting in a creaky chair and reading a
book. Luckily for my embarrassment factor, I do not seem to talk to
myself much.

best,
Steve B
Subscape Annex http://www.subscapeannex.com/