Re: Laptops

[not addressing Travis specifically, but just the general group]

To be fair here, we could also point out that there are musicians who
standup and use hardware that can come across
just as "uninteresting" as some sit-down laptop users.  What's more
"uninteresting", watching a laptop musician check
his email all night, or a stand-up guitarist checking the time on his
wrist
watch all night? I'm sure it varies by observer,
but the point is that what does the laptop have to do with any of this as
general rule? Nothing that I can see, as I can
easily imagine a counter-example that involves the laptop, or a similar
example that doesn't involve the laptop. I believe
counter-examples still cary some weight these days in the world of reason
correct? So we factor the gear out of the
equation and limit the discussion to the individual behavior of the
performer and the subjective resonse of the viewer.
Eveything in between these two things seems to be incidental.

Kris