Re: Self Promoting

   Oh Come on Rick, YOU HAVE ANGER - YOU HAVE HATE - NOW USE THEM!!!  Join
the dark side and swear off hardware looping for good and only use a
laptop!!!  lol!

   Of course, I could say the same thing for laptops in favor of
hardware!  lol!

   Anyway, agreed on the sense of community at the loop fests.  One thing
that I really dug when I went to the one in o5 was that everyone was soooo
cool and friendly!!!  That really rocked!

   Anyway, enough from me for now and lemme wish ya a wonderful night,
K?...

Smiles,

Cara Creature :)

At 11:15 PM 6/15/2007 -0700, you wrote:

>Miles wrote this about seeing Zoe Keating play on Sacramento television:
>
>"I really.  REALLY, like the tv spot, amazing stuff! i'm totally
>inspired to do this with my tuba now.  Amazing!"
>

>Man,  this is why I love this community.   There's something so cool
>about
>someone
>doing something beautiful or innovative and it turns another person on to
>do
>a similar thing and it all just keeps growing.
>
>This is why I tell a lot of people that the Y2k Loopfests are almost as
>much conventions
>as they are festivals..............it's great to put it out in front of
>the people but the most exciting
>thing to me is that all the loopers get turned on watching each other
>play
>and they rush home
>to be innovative themselves or to apply the innovation they've seen to
>their own music.
>It also inspires the people who design the instruments (or who are
>starting to writer their own
>scripts in Mobius or Max/MSP or who are contributing to the R&D at
>Looperlative)
>to add new features to their loopers.
>
>In some respects it could be argued that our community has had more
>impact
>on the rapid
>growth of the technology than any musical movement in history.     This
>is
>one of the things that
>I highly tauted in a recent long interview with a journalist from DRUM!
>Magazine for a future article on Looping
>and Percussion just because I'm so proud to be a part of this community.
>
>Loopers Delight rocks  (even if I'm a bit sick of the current laptop
>versus hardware wars debate)!!!
>
>rick walker
>www.youtube.com/looppool
>

>--
>5:10 PM

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn