Laptop help

So, supposing I wanted to move my looping to the computer. As a practical question (and assuming I am starting from nothing), and trying to keep costs down, what do I need?

I mean, what CPU, how much memory, what audio/MIDI interface do I need to achieve acceptable latency to loop? I have a slight bias toward Mac, since I am kind of drawn toward Kenaxis and Lisa -- but I could go PC easily enough (I'm sure such things exist over there too). I don't foresee needing to run a lot of VSTs while I loop -- basically, just a machine to run a looper like Sooperlooper or Mobius, and an interface that won't lag so badly I struggle to play along with it. Then hook up an FCB1010 and go to town.