Re: still on the interface quest...

On 19 jun 2007, at 00.58, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> I am one click short of buying this E-MU 1616 cardbus. Anything
> that anyone can think of to prevent me from doing this? It's the
> only decent cardbus I could find, in the $400 price range. It also
> had MIDI, which is great, because I thought it didn't.  It' packed
> full of some great features.
>
> Buying it here: http://www.studica.com/products/product_detail.cfm?
> productid=49985
>
> Kris

I think it looks excellent by the specifications! The only situation
I can think of that might prevent you from buying it is if you need
good quality pre amps on the analog inputs. And I'm not sure PCMCIA
is the most future proof system, but you should be in a situation
better suited for knowing about that?

I recently was forced to upgrade my interfaces (cardbus breaking down
two days before leaving for an eight days tour) and I went for the
RME FireFace 400 because I need high quality pre amps when playing
wind instruments acoustically. For my second laptop I only need
digital output so I went for a Echo FW2 for that one. Had to trade in
a lot of old gear and I'm now finding myself with an empty rack but
great small laptop audio interfaces. I decided to live on water and
porridge over the summer in favor to not trading in my old EDP
though ;-))

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)