Re: Recording Programs?

On 26 jun 2007, at 05.13, L.A. Angulo wrote:

> So let me get this straight,does the software itself
> has an effect also on the sound quality? all these
> software claim to be used in professional
> studios,Sonar,Cubase,Logic,Nuendo,Protools i was
> always under the impression that it was the hardware
> that matter as far as sound qualitiy,so does cubase or
> logic sound better that sonar indepedently from
> hardware?
> Luis

They all sound different. Not of course if you simply load an audio
file and play it back. But as soon as you merge many audio streams
together (as in mixing), work with panning on tracks or apply effects
to finalize the sound. Even though it's all mathematics the different
applications still do apply those algorithms in different ways.

But you were talking about "sound quality" in your post and that
implies that you think that some might be "better", which is
difficult to say because the differences in delivered sound are very
small. Professional studios do not chose software for "sound
quality", since all these applications sound excellent, but rather
for ergonomics and suggested workflow ("professional" means people
get paid and then workflow has to be fast or someone goes out of
business). And for some it also matters which applications their
clients and partners are using.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)