Re: Using RC50 as an AUX Loop on a Mixer

Thats how I use it. The problem I'm having is my mixer, a DFX12 only has a
mono send to a stereo return. So I have to use it in mono. Not a huge
deal, but slightly annoying.
I have my guitar connected to channel 1. I then have send number 1
connected to the input of the RC 50. All send and return levels are set to
"0" The output of the RC50 is to channel 2.
The output from the loops are all set to "sub out". So the only time audio
from the RC50 is heard is when a loop is running. Live guitar is heard
through channel one. This is like setting the mix control on an Echoplex
to loop only.
It works great.
Levels are controlled on the mixer after basic seetings on the RC50 are
set. I can then pan live guitar and loops a little left/right to clean up
the mush that can sometimes happen. Also eq can help.
The cool part about using the sends on a mixer, is I can now use the
looper to loop vocals, drums, and keys. And all connections are pure and
clean.

MFC

From: "Dan Katayama" <dan.katayama@gmail.com>