Re: live looping with ableton live

At 9:30 PM +0200 7/3/07, Tilmann Dehnhard wrote:

>maybe someone else from the list could give you (and me) a little
>"how to" about using live as a looper?

Hrm, reading through a bit of backlogged email, and it occurs to me
that it would probably be nice to stop hijacking threads and actually
post something useful.

Here's a couple of things I've had bookmarked.  This is a link to a
tutorial from the Ableton boards on how to set up Live for Live
Looping:

        http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63839

And here's one that shows you how to do something similar using the
Mackie Controller emulation:

        http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30237

Both of these are PC-centric, and frequently make reference to Bomes
Translator.  If you're over on the Mac side, you can probably hack
something similar using MIDIPipe.

Hope that helps some....

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of