Re: bows for guitars

Bart Lyons wrote:

> Andy, the custom built instruments I saw were around $4K as you say
> EBOW is a excellent alternative for only $60. Having said that I'm
> still trying to master the Ebow. Listening to your CD you have had a
> lot of practice.

Err, where are you finding an Ebow for $60?  The going price here in
Lansing is more like $90.

If you like antiques, another alternative is the Gizmo, which has its
own advantages and problems.

I'm a bit behind on checking my e-mail, but has Eddie Phillips of the
Creation been mentioned as a bowing guitarist.  Some sources say he was
Jimmy Page's inspiration.

John McIntyre
mcintyre@pa.msu.edu