Re: Record Industry Decline ( Radio )

As a former radio DJ veteran from ages ago with 5 & 1/2 years of
experience to my name,
I can irrefutably say that radio in America, as it is now, SUCKS, and
has done so since at least the early 80's.

I do not bother with it anymore and have not done so for YEARS, but I
am aware of HOW BAD it is,
because I often, and INVOLUNTARILY, get exposed to it, and KNOW that
it is complete crap now.
At least previously, it was maybe 50 / 50 between crap and some good
stuff.  Now it is hopeless.

Aside from some public and / or a tiny few grassroots radio station
efforts that are even left anymore (such as KBOO 90.7FM here in
Portland,OR),
best to just FORGET about mainstream radio in the USA today, and the
future, due to the corps(es) CONTROL of the over all air waves,
which by the way, here in America, were ORIGINALLY MEANT to be OWNED
by the CITIZENS  of the USA!
If in doubt about that, check yer history books, and also there was
no FCC until much later.

THAT idea did not LAST very long due to certain powerful powers-that-
be seeing HUGE future profits by TAKING OVER the air waves
with the help of their well-paid political stooges in "our" gov't.
Same crap still goes on today and the majority of sheeple just
quietly go along with it.

So, just kiss radio GOOD BYE for it EVER coming back to being
anything even remotely good anymore, at least in the USA.  Ain't
gonna happen!

(same for American TV too, which I have stayed away from for almost
20 years now, and LOVE it!   BOOKS are MUCH BETTER! )

Thank Gaia for the web, since now there are PLENTY of GOOD radio
ALTERNATIVES that can now be found!
What is on the web is the ONLY way I listen to any radio anymore to
find shows that play truly interesting and kool music.

I am also gearing up to reviving my former show from years ago, Radio
Soiree (with the host, the Martian Neon Creature) as a podcast,
but have some bugs to overcome and some other obstacles to leap over
before I start doing that.    Eventually....

-Rev. Fever