Gigspam: The tale of 2 duos - LIVE and in creative stirring color

Thanks for your patience with the gigspam but for those in the NY area, see below....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Goodin < jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 12, 2007 9:53 PM
Subject: The tale of 2 duos - LIVE and in creative stirring color
To: jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com

Exciting news and tidings to all on the Jim Goodin Music E-list...

I have several shows coming up including a late add that takes place this weekend in Brooklyn, with I'm very excited to say a return of my East of Where duo project with percussionist/drummer Will Romano.  We'll be doing a special outdoors performance this Sunday (July 15th), from 12noon to 1:45 at the Pacific Bears Community Garden and Block Party which will be honoring a special member Ellen Kirby.

The East of Where show and afternoon event are open to the public and takes place at...

Pacific Bears Garden between Flatbush and Fourth Avenue, located at 590 Pacific Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217 should you want to MapQuest.  The R-train is the nearest subway.

Chinapainting northeast tour...

My other duo Chinapainting that I co-founded with guitarist/loop artist Daryl Shawn is coming together for 4 special 'in-person' shows at the end of this month and August.  I say in-person as Chinapainting was founded and developed totally over the Internet the last 10 months by Daryl and myself who connected via a Net forum on new music technology last summer.  Though we've never officially met or spoken we have performed and recorded 200+ hours of music, all improvised live with nothing more to go on than hearing each other through speakers and headphones.  The technology we use that allows Daryl who lives in Mexico and myself here in New York to create the music of Chinapainting thusfar is called NinJam.   We have released two CD's, the self-titled Chinapainting and the recent Trick of Amethyst , recorded in participation of the RPM (Record a CD in a month) Challenge .

I'm estatic that this duo is coming together live and 'in person' here in the New York area in just a few days.  The Chinapainting show schedule is as follows...

Center for Improvised Music
Friday, July 27th, 8:30pm, $8 at the door.
295 Douglass (btwn 3rd & 4th avenues)
Brooklyn (Park Slope) NY

Secret Music Radio Interview/Performance
hosted by Scott Raymond
Sunday, July 29th, @10am (hearable in Hudson Valley region)
Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY

The Space
Tuesday, August 7th, 9pm
295 Treadwell
Hamden (New Haven), CT

Zebulon Cafe Concerts
Wednesday, August 15th, 10pm
288 Wythe
Brooklyn (Williamsburg), NY
this show also features visual artist Paul Bianca
improvising on canvas on stage
as we improvise our music
additionally sitarist Roger Lipson
will open the evening with a solo set of raga
and other creations

In addition to the performances Chinapainting will be recording our 3rd CD, this time in the same room as opposed to 3000 miles apart, at Fly Max Studios in Woodstock, NY during the weekend of July 28th and 29th.

So if you are out and about in Brooklyn this Sunday please stop by to hear the East of Where project at the Pacific Bears Community event and equally remember all the upcoming Chinapainting shows.  I really hope to see many of you at any and all of these upcoming events.

Good weekend and best to all

Jim
--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com