DL-4 footswitch broken

Hi

I remember Bill Walker posted a more extensive description on how to
fix the footswitches on the DL-4. However I'm unable to find it in
the archives.
These are the only things I can find (within reasonable time):

Richard Zvonar:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200503/msg00813.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200405/msg00350.html

Bill Walker:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200405/msg00349.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200502/msg00492.html

The record footswitch has started to fail on me. Whenever this
happens, the unit becomes unusable. I have to take it apart and put
it back together for it to work again. (Fun to watch for a busker's
audience, though)

Can someone please point me to the description on how to fix the DL-4
buttons more permanently?

Thanks
Bernhard