From: andy butler [mailto:akbutler@tiscali.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 4:02 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: general question about equipment(dual core Hint)

My experiments on a dual core machine (winXP) showed the following.

Using Bidule (not optimised for dual core) it becomes apparent that all the
Bidule processing is done by one of the cores.

It also seems that the graphics for the operating system are handled in
just
one of the cores.

WinXP chooses which processes to put onto which core, there doesn't seem to
be a way to change that.

If the Bidule processing ends up on the same core as the graphic
processing,
then Bidule has less capability.

I guess it depends on the order that you start your applications, seemed
like I could restart Bidule and get it onto the core which had the lowest
load.

andy butler

disclaimer
I don't have any specific knowledge about xp in this respect, just looking
at the 'performance' tab of the Widows task manager.