Macbook for Windows looping

sorry for bringing this up ... I'm sure this topic has already been
discussed to death here but I haven't followed it ... I was so focused on
planning to get a decent Windows notebook (provided that I really get this
job that I'm waiting for) that I never earnestly thought about a Mac, but
now a friend said that a Macbook could also run Windows XP along with its
own system, and that one could simply switch between systems. So would a
Macbook with 2 GB and Windows be good enough to run Ableton Live and
Moebius, a sampler, and some VST plugins, or would it have substantial
disadvantages compared to a Dell or similar notebook?

-Michael