RC-50 sync work around, and Roland communique' update

Hi all!

I have a work-around for the sync/performance issue...

1-  Ableton live as the master (or other master that sends start commands)
2-  Motu MIDI Timepiece AV as the interface providing simultaneous
outputs...(Be sure to mute realtime on the inputs from the RC-50s if
connected, or you get 2 or 3x realtime.  Whee!!! They are coming to take
me away ha ha!!)
3-  2 RC-50s in "auto"mode
3.5-  Ableton live has a midi sync delay setting that corrects positive or
negative timing.  Just enable the click track in Ableton and the guide on
the RC, use ableton to start the RC, and adjust the timing until they
match up...
4-  Using the RC-50 standalone, figure out in advance how many measures
your longest loop will be, and record that many bars of silence.  (That
will determine the loop length for all phrases during that "song.")  Make
sure that the phrase you use is active, and save that to the patch. It's
probably a good idea to preset the tempo in the rc-50 so it doesn't have
to "warp" the silence to match the tempo in slave mode.
5-  When you start playing in ableton, (or other master), the silent
phrase will start playing.
6-  Overdub at your convienience, and in sync too.
7-  If you stop all the phrases at any time during the performance with
the RC, you will lose the sync.  It must be re-started with the master to
re-sync.  If you stop with the master, all phrases will stop on the RC.
8- If you switch patches you will lose the sync.  Re-start with the master.
9- If you stop the phrase with the inital silence on it it may throw off
the sync if the other phrase loops are shorter.  not sure on this, just
now thought of it...

It's kinda convoluted, but what the hey!

Also, I have finally had a spare minute to write to Roland, and here is
their response:

"Hi Chris,

Thanks for the e-mail.  The detail you went into is great.  I have
forwarded it to the President of Boss U.S. here, and he will forward it to
Roland Japan.  I talked with him about a week ago, so he is aware of your
situation.  I think this will definitely help to push Japan to make this a
higher priority.

I'm glad that you have a temporary work-around to get it going for you.
Good luck on the debut.

Keep in touch, and as soon as I hear more I'll get in touch."