Re: Macbook Looping V rc-20xl (with more questions)

Please note my followup post. That's the wrong mic preamp I have
there. You need one that talks to your computer.

Midi pedals are $120 if you get the Behringer FCB1010. You'll have to
program it -- there are experts here and in some Yahoo discussion
group on that.

Sooperlooper with a MIDI pedal will totally kill an RC-20. IMHO. Also
free. In fact, go try it now. Use your built-in mac microphone and
loop a little. If you like how it works, that will tell you a lot.

To record from the RC20, you will still need an interface box and a
mic pre. You will need a mic pre regardless, unless you go with the
DigiTech JamMan which, now that I think about it, is made exactly for
what you are trying to do. (The big Boss looper allows you to save
files directly to your computer. Actually, I think the Digitech pedal
does this too. As does the Electro-Harmonix 2880.) Anyway, once you
have audio going to the computer, you press the record button. There
isn't that much to it.

OK, wait. The DigiTech JamMan looper has a mic in. You can move files
directly to your computer and goof around with them in the (free)
software of your choice. Now that I think about it, it seems pretty
obvious for what you want to do. I suspect with a 1/4" to 1/8"
adapter, you could plug it directly into your computer speakers. See
if that suits your needs better. But you could just get one of those
and you might have all you need.

And get someone else's advice before you jump. I'm not super-confident.

--
http://quotidianme.kellycoyle.net
http://organicguitar.kellycoyle.net