Looping and Latency (was Re: Laptop Looping)

>Mobius doesn't delay the signal, it's just a pass-through bridge.
>Latency happens at three major stages: At the AD conversion when the
>signal enters the software domain (digitalization), when passing
>through certain plug-ins (not all, some plug-ins are able to process
>the signal without delaying it) and finally at the DA conversion at
>the sound card's output.

If I monitor from the soundcard (hardware monitoring) there is a
latency difference vs. monitoring from the program, yes?  A A2D and D2A
are skipped.  I said "monitor through mobius".  It could have been
"monitor through software".  Same thing.  The main issue for me is
being in sync with the loops I'm making; that's easier for me if i turn
monitoring thru on in Mobius and turn off hardware monitoring on the
soundcard.

“I saw too many people die, and a lot of people didn’t see any of that.
They had a press conference and left. I’m looking up, fighting this
incredible battle, and they’re doing press conferences and lying to the
people. They’re telling them 40,000 troops are in New Orleans. It was all
bull.”  -Ray Nagin, Mayor of New Orleans

Got a little couch potato?