Re: OT Re: No rules: no standards. No standards: crap.

I think I'm once again the quintessential fence-sitter
on this one.

Over the years I've been on this list, I've enjoyed
many an OT thread. I think the way many of us use our
looping gear as part of a larger "extended instrument"
sort of makes some sort of overlap into areas that
aren't strictly on topic inevitable. I've enjoyed the
occasional book list, and discussions of instruments
and techniques that are at best only peripheral to
looping.

On the other hand, sometimes OT threads seem to
explode into real inbox-fillers, or start with some
sort of tangential relevance only to wander off to
areas that might only be of interest to a tiny
percentage of listmembers.

Overall, I like the way this community has policed
itself. We seem to (mostly) steer clear of flame wars
and that sort of nastiness that plagues a lot of
music-related lists, but I think the key to that is
that we ARE usually aware of what's appropriate.

-t-

http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes
http://cdbaby.com/all/timnelson