From: Luca Formentini [mailto:luca@unguitar.com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 4:44 PM
To: billwalker@baymoon.com
Subject: Re: RME Firewire 800 and Guitar Amp Sim

Bill wrote:

> Yes , I've been really happy with both the the direct recording and
> live performance results, and for now, until I can get my tech friend
> to do the "Andrew Mod' , a simple three or four resistor and capacitor
> modification some web techy came up with that de-honks the lead channels,

this is interesting Bill, can you please let us know something more ?

> I overdrive the front end of the formula with either a Duncan twin
> tube (phenomenal) or a Keeley modified Boss blues driver (ditto), if I
> want furrier sounds.

this is another interesting thing: chaining preamps in series.

...that brings me up to this:
http://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com/sgbb/sgbbpage.html

I have also got crazy to find a half rack tube preamp. This is not
exactly a preamp but it would be interesting check out it works...

my best,
luca
www.unguitar.com