Re: im about to start a war

Well, this thread could likely go on forever, because everyone is going to base their comments on their own personal experiences with a PC or Mac.  If you do decide to go PC laptop, I recommend finding someone who is using a system that is working great for them, and then duplicate it.  Because one thing I've found with PCs, is that compatability varies from system to system.  One audio interface might work well on one computer but have clicks or latancy problems on another. Or one system work great, but have an IRQ conflict on another PC, because of the way the manufacture has designed it.

I am a PC user since 1989, and in January I am moving to a Macbook Pro for music. I am finally convinced that this is a good move for me. I am tired, so very tired of tweaking PCs, messing with registries, uninstalling/installing different drivers, changing deep system settings, messing with settings in System/Hardware Devices, buying a product and sending it back because of hardware conflicts, and so on ad infinitum. I'm sick of it. And then I talk to my mac friends, they seem to be freed from all these things. I want that freedom back. I want to get back to playing music rather than being a PC repair person. :)

Kris