Re: im about to start a war

Yes, single Intel CPUs are also under the Centrino banner, although all of the newest Centrinos (since '06) have some form of dual CPU.  The bottom line is that you've got to read past the Centrino label to know what CPU and BIOS you're getting.

On 8/30/07, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On 30 aug 2007, at 02.30, Doug Cox wrote:

> Yeah - the Intel marketing babble confuses the heck out of me.  But
> I made sure that the Toshiba had a real Core 2 Duo in it (vs. Core
> Duo), and I'm glad I did.  They sort of mask the facts with the
> "Centrino" label, because Centrino can mean Core Duo *or* Core 2
> Duo, and also includes a specific set of motherboards and wireless
> chips.

"Centrino" can also mean one CPU, as in my Centrino Laptop. The term
Centrino, penned by Intel, is actually used to describe a laptop
designed with portability in mind but still with good performance
guaranteed. The magic is said to come about due to  a particular
combination of CPU, mainboard chipset and wireless network.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)