Re: im about to start a war

----- Original Message ----- >
> The last time I looked at Linux for music, I remember hearing things
>like
> "I needed another instance of a reverb, so I recompiled the kernel."
>It's
> better now, I take it?
>
> Brian

Boy, I'm not sure about that. I know Linux has been wanting to compete
with
MS for some time, and the goal was to create an end-user friendly OS, but
don't think they are there yet - though I know some of the Linux
interfaces
like Redhat, etc, are pretty damn good. Plus the whole open source thing
is
a realy double-edged sword...great that you can customize and build your
own
stuff, but not so good from a typical end user, because formal support
becomes impossible.

In the end, I like the idea and principle of using Linux, but not the
practical implication of going back into coding. It's bad enough that the
PC
laptop is a high maintenance energy sucking machine, so I would hate to
add
an OS to that. max/msp is enough for me!

K-