Re: Alternative to a laptop?

I am still very pleased with my Mac mini that I bought 2 (3?) years ago.

Compact:  6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 2".  Weight:  about a pound and 1/2.

Bought it new for only $475, when they first came out. Previously, I
had next-to-never purchased a brand new / latest state of the art
computer,
due to the price they usually start at, which was always out of my
very limited personal budget.

Best inve$tment I have made in years. It came loaded with great
programs of all kinds, both music and non-music related,
and I added Reason and  Digital Performer,and recently, just added a
version of Amadeus, but have not yet jumped into learning to use that.
Eventually...

The new ones start now at $599, but you can get refurbs for a decent
price.

Not trying to start any lofty Mac / PC / etc debates here. Just my
dos centavos, and I am very pleased with what I have. :-)

-Rev. Fever