RE: Most programmable midi foot controller

> Behringer FCB1010 - $150
>
> I had a look at the manual- I thought there were only 2 programmable
> switches that I could assign midi note numbers to it and the rest
>  of the switches selected patch numbers.

No, there are 10 banks of 10 switches and all of them can
be programmed to send a different note on/off message.  Switches
can also send program change messages alone or at the same time
as notes.  They can also send CC's but I'm not sure if you can
combine CC's and notes on the same switch.

> I usually avoid Behringer due to build quality issues-
> how do ppl find this?

I think it is actually built quite well.  The Ground Control Pro
is an absolute tank, you could drive a car over it and it would
still work.  But the switches are very noisy, I hate them.

> For Rec/Play/Overdub I have to press the button twice, which makes
> seemless looping a big PITA. Rev and 1/2 speed are a single press
> though because they do not respond differently to a 0 or 127 value.

It sounds like your current switch is operating in "toggle" mode, it
sends CC 127 when you press it once and CC 0 when you press it again.
You usually want switches that can operate in "momentary" mode where it
sends Note On/CC 127 when you press it and Note Off/CC 0
when you release it.  The FCB and GCP can both do this.

Jeff