Midi controllers, limiting factors=?

My brain hurts when I try to pencil this out. So'd appreciate your help.
I'd like to use midi controllers (foot and/or hand control surfaces) to
control just any/all software parameters.    But it seems to me that a
limiting factor may be the # of midi channels (max 16, right?).

If you want to send CC to 8 output levels of a computer interface from a
fader box, you'd use up 8 of the 16 channels so that you could control each
channel individually - correct?

If you wanted to map knobs on your controller to change settings (CC) of
VST paramaters, do you need another midi channel for each VST to control
them independently - correct?

Seems like you'd use up all your midi channels very quickly - right?

-Qua

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web