WAY OFF TOPIC: music trip advice sought

In the first week of December, my wife and I will
be going on a short rock n' roll vacation,  seeing two Robert Pollard (of
Guided by Voices) shows in Chicago and
Cincinnati.

The last show is in Cincinnati and the plane flights back to California
are
twice as expensive as out of
Indianapolis some three hours drive time away so we want to leave from
Indianpolis.

We would like to spend one full day somewhere near Cincinatti for one day
before we fly home.

Does anyone have any ideas what would be a fun place to visit and stay a
full day in that is
within 3-4 hours of Cincinatti and/ or Indanapolis?

We just don't know anything about that part of the country and
Cincinnati just doesn't look all that interesting (or do we have the
wrong?).

I've toured with Martin Simpson in Bloomington, Indiana (which is about 5
hours drive away)
which I found to be a lovely city, but it will also be the dead of winter.

Any suggestions,  yeee   midwest loopers?

yours,   sincerely,   Rick Walker