Re: EDP overdub switch kills loop feedback after one cycle

On 11 okt 2007, at 19.01, richard gryffin wrote:

>  i have found that apparently the
> initial use of the midi controller changes a preset parameter in the
> echoplex after the first loop..

This might be caused by your FCB sending also a MIDI Program Changes
event together with the note number you have programmed it for, as
the command you are sending after the first loop. If that's the case
the solution would be to reprogram the FCB patch and turn off the
MIDI PC#.

> resolution ....reset all unused fcb functions to an unused
> channel...they were set to
> midi channel 25  in the fcb and the plex has only 16 midi
> channels ...once i changed the fcb settings to channel 15 the
> problem stopped

Twenty five! There are only sixteen channels in MIDI, so 25 must be a
bug. I was reprogramming my FCB recently and notice the span of a
MIDI Continuous Change parameter to go all the way up to 250, which
should not be possible since in MIDI those go only from 1 to 128 (or
from 0 to 127). After setting it correctly inside the available span
the pedal worked fine though.

> now i am trying to run a single latched footswitch from the overdub
> jack on the back of the plex ....when this switch is plugged in the
> plex behaves as above stopping after the first cycle...remove the
> switch and the problem goes away....changing the preset value for
> feedBKC has no effect...where is the plex getting this extraneous
> setting from?

Might be that the feedback is turned down to zero? Or it might be
that you happened to plug it into the feedback jack, because then the
EDP runs in a different interface mode where part of the feedback
functionality is handled from the pedal and part handled from the
front panel knob (depending on which action you're talking at the
moment).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)