Re: Drum Machine emergency

i also owned the dr-660 i thought it was a fantastic
little drum machine and ive heard the dr 770 which
sounds good as well,too bad they didnt put a track
mute option on this one!
cheers
Luis

--- Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Niall Munnelly was like:
> > What drum machine did you acquire, I ask you?
>
> The old drum machine was a Boss DR-660. The new one
> is a DR-770.
>
> The advantages are
> --I can build more drum kits in the new one. 128
> total instead of 36.
> --The drum samples are more hi-fi. (Actually, I'm
> not sure if that's a
> real advantage for what I do.) The cymbal/hi-hat
> sounds are much more
> realistic.
> --New sounds like tabla and gongs.
> --4 different 'bass' sounds, if that's what you're
> into.
>
> Downsides:
> --some of the useful subtle samples like 'finger
> snaps' are replaced
> by silly ones like "tape rewind" and "bel biv davoe
> horn stab",
> --The "play patterns" button is right next to the
> drumroll button. So
> if i'm slighty clumsy it will change the drumkit and
> start playing
> cheesy rhythms rather than giving me the drumroll
> sound I want.
> --My favorite sound, the TR-808 tom "boop" sound,
> doesn't have as long
> of a decay as it used to.
>
> I don't think I can ever upgrade to the snazzy
> DR-880 because it
> doesn't appear to have a drumroll button.
>
> In other news, there's a new mp3 "fly in mouth" on
> my myspace page.
> www.myspace.com/mattdavignon. That's with the old
> drum machine. I have
> to figure out my new Edirol R-09 recorder before I
> post any newer
> ones.
>
> Looking forward to meeting many of you (for the
> first time or again)
> at Y2k7 this weekend. I'm petsitting this weekend so
> I won't be able
> to stay as long as normal.
>
> Matt Davignon
> www.ribosomemusic.com

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all
the tools to get online.