Mixer Question OT

hello LD,
Currently I'm looking to replace my Behringer 2642 as a couple of the
channels no longer work.
(that's after about 15yrs)

Any suggestions as to what is available would be greatly appreciated.
Any reports of actually ABing mixers for pre-amp/EQ would be especially
welcome.

The features of the 2642 are just about perfect,
8 mic ch
4 stereo ch
4 extra stereo ins ( essential )

I've used the mic-pres on the 2642 for electric guitar and for percussion
(and for vocals in a live setting), and thought they were ok.
I only used the eq for live work, it's sufficient.

I've checked out a few options so far.

My main worry is that while it's not difficult to make a very high
quality line level mixer,
it's also possible to save a few pennies per item by using slightly
cheaper op amps,
with a significant change in the sound which won't be picked up in the
specs.
For sure, many companies do this .

Behringer 2642A, which is obviously a match for features,
but is about a third of the price I paid for the 2642.

Mackie 1642 VLZ3, good features, and was tempted until I looked at their
website.

Allen & Heath Mix Wizard WZ3 14/4/2
..another one with Z3 in the name...who was first?
If it's value for money then I'm reassured by the price tag.

SoundCraft Spirit M8 (seems they can keep on selling this without
'upgrading' every other year)
SoundCraft FX16ii  (enough Mono Ch to cover my need for stereo, and
while usually I'd never
 consider a mixer with FX, this has a tweakable Lexicon unit)

Others?

any facts/opinions welcome

andy butler