Help: New to software looping

Title: Help: New to software looping

Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time reader of the list and have only rarely contributed.

My introduction to looping was the Akai Headrush 2 I purchased early last year. It still gets allot of use on stage - I play in a pretty jammy psych rock band here in Sydney.

My use of the Headrush is fairly conventional - being the only guitarist in the band I sometimes make little rhythm guitar loops in jam sections - or harmony guitar lines in various places.

I also purchased a Digitech Jamman which plays looped samples every now or then (or to use when practicing or writing riffs) or to capture the output of the Headrush on stage.

I've slowly come to understand (after reading the manuals/information on for the repeater, looperlative and EDP as well as posts by many of the wonderful posters to this list) the sheer breadth of possibilities with a more high performance looper.

I've also started to use my laptop more and thought that a software looper is the way to go.

My computer skills (while not basic) are pretty limited though so I don't think I will tackle anything like Max/MSP yet.

I have given it considerable thought and feel that trying to come to grips with Mobius will be the way to go (having time off from work over November and December to experiment definitely contributes to that decision).

I have ordered from eBay a MIDI Foot controller (the FCB 1010 - which seems to be the most common in use as well as affordable) - however I've never programmed MIDI before being a bit of a luddite - I'm definitely a stomp box kinda guitar player.

Is anyone able to help me with my first forays into MIDI programming by either offering tips/hints or pointing me to a good reference source on the web?

How do people who use Mobius with the FCB 1010 usually set up their banks and commands on the foot controller?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tom

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.