Re: AXON AX 100

Hi Richard,

I don't have any experience with the gk3 pickup but I did play around
with a gk2 for a while on my Taylor. Generally I found the tracking
wasn't real good until I switched strings to nickle wound strings.
The pickup just didn't seem to like the ph. bronze acoustic strings
at all. After using that for nearly a year I got an inexpensive
electric (a used Parker p44 about 450.00) and put a Graphtech Ghost
system (about 650.00) in it. Wow, an amazing difference! The pickup
system cost me more than the guitar did but was well worth it! Since
that experiment I've now built a small bodied electric with no mag
pickups but just the Graphtech ghost pickups and a fan fret neck.
Very happy with it. Graphtech is located in Vancouver and very nice
folks to talk to. I'm sure they'd talk to you about your options.

I'll part with the Parker if anyone is interested........

Paul Haslem