RE: AXON AX 100

>>I have an older Roland GI-10. Everyone that has used the Axon and the
Roland GI-10 or -20 says the Axon is better.<<

I have an axon 50, which is being knocked out at a very good price both
in the uk & the us at the moment. it has no onboard sounds, & works with
the roland gk pickups.
I also have an old GI-10, & with guitar the axon is *significantly* more
reliable. in fact, I hooked up my old sunn strat to it & found I didn't
need to make any adjustments besides putting it into guitar-mode.

besides this, it's much easier (with a mac or pc hooked up to it) to get
it to operate different zones on the fretboard, & also to do different
things depending where you pick.
this latter is untested in my setup, but I'm anxious to give it a go &
will report when I have.

I bought the axon because I've been using a couple of peavey midibases;
one of them is actually a decent bass aswell (the serial numbers are
three apart, but the difference in tone is marked), but is still no
match for a decent fender or rickenbacker, & I hate to leave my good
basses at home & gig the peavey when the midi component of what I do is
quite minimal.

but so far, with the ax50 in proper adjustment, I have had trouble with
(bizarrely) the higher notes on the g string; it wraps around to the
octave below at around the 10th fret. everywhere else, it tracks pretty
good (remember, I have been spoiled by the peavey, which uses
split-frets switching).

I am using a roland gk2b (a hexaphonic p/u designed for aircraft-carrier
bass sixers); the only problem here is that the front panel connector on
the ax50 is a little insubstantial.

hope this is useful somehow.

duncan.