RE: Graphtech installation was AXON AX 100

Hi Hal,

Personally, I haven't experienced any trouble with connections coming
loose. all plugins seem tight and not much chance of working loose,
of course I'm not a jumping around sort of player; I mean, anything
will come apart if it's abused.........

I do agree with your assessment of the tone sucking qualities. I'm
running the 13 pin into a vg8-ex which does allow for continuing the
direct signal from the guitar but I do find that the tonal qualities
by running my direct line from the 1/4" on the guitar to quite a bit
better. On the new guitar with the fanned frets you'll notice that I
haven't included a mag pickup at all. So my direct signal sounds very
acoustic and I'm very happy with the sound of that. For my more
electric sounds, I find the vg8 has some excellent electric sounds,
and you can play with the shape of those sounds quite extensively.
For some more discussion of the graphtech pickup you might do a
search for Adrian Legg. He's an incredible British fingerstyle
guitarist who uses a solid body guitar with the graphtech ghost
pickup driving the roland vg88.

Regards,

Paul Haslem
www.dulcify.ca