Re: Wireless foot controllers for laptops

Travis Hartnett wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with this?:
>
> http://www.x-tempozone.com/?gclid=CID6lvaty48CFQh6gwodFnYf8w
>

> "Wireless, hands-free, remote control for digital audio workstations.
>
>  An essential accessory for studio or stage, the pok frees your hands,
> and allows you to remote-control your DAW from another room, other end
> of the stage etc.
>
>  The pok is compatible with Mac and PC DAWs, including Pro Tools,
> Logic, Ableton, Digital Performer, Cubase, Sonar, GarageBand and more.
>

> Adding or changing command assignments on the pok's buttons is a piece
> of cake, using the included pok Editor software.

Could be handy, erm.. footy ;)  seems well made (on paper). Pity one has
to register to download a manual for checking it out..

 From the FAQ; note it's not a MIDI thingy:

Can I use the pok to send MIDI commands to the DAW?

No. The pok is not a MIDI device.

I changed my DAW's keyboard shortcut commands from the original
defaults. Will the pok work with my custom commands?

Yes. You can create or edit pok profiles to suit your needs. Using pok
Editor, you can easily edit and save your custom shortcuts to your
workstation, and write them to pok memory.

I have more than one DAW, each one using a different host application.
Can I use the same pok on the different DAWs?

Yes, you can use the same pok. However, you may need to load a different
profile for the different DAWs, to match the keyboard commands to your
host applications.

You can install the pok Editor software on your DAWs, run pok Editor to
load the appropriate profile and write it to the pok before using the
pok with the host application.

--
rgds,
van Sinn