OT: NYC Electronic Music Event next Thurs - meet me there!

Hi, all you NY-area loopers. You know who you are. I hope.

Next Thursday there's a concert celebrating my alma mater, the Center for
Contemporary Music at Mills College. I was kind of surprised to see this
happening in NY, since Mills is out there in California (and what's with
the
oil spill, you Bay Area folks? I just heard a brief mention of it on the
radio).

I'll be there - hope to see some of you. I think it's kind of important to
go out and support "new music" once in a while when you're not on the bill,
eh? Say hi if you see me (shaved head, glasses, white beard, and probably a
t-shirt with a dinosaur skeleton on it).

Here's the info:
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2007

40+ year Celebration of the Center for Contemporary Music at Mills College

Works by Robert Ashley, Maggi Payne, John Bischoff, James Fei, David
Behrman, Chris Brown and Pauline Oliveros.

The Center for Contemporary Music (CCM) at Mills College in Oakland,
California was established in 1966 when the San Francisco Tape Center moved
there. Since then, for over forty years, the CCM has been an oasis for
experimental music in the U.S., and has strongly influenced the history of
electronic music. This concert celebrates this legacy with performances of
new music by four composers who work there now, and three who have worked
there in the past.

--

ROULETTE
20 Greene Street between Canal and Grand