Re: AW: RC-50 and Speed Control

http://tinyurl.com/2rpe2j)
 > don't come much smaller than 164x148x44mm, unless you really want to
spend
 > money and search for tricky parts (the apogee digital PCXpress card
combined
 > with these miniature micpres with digital ports and then something
small sized
 > for D/A would come to mind).
> ..snipped..
 >
> Just a thought...
>
>       Rainer

Snipped your other very good ideas; thanks a lot.

The E-MU® 1212M - http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=9872
referredly sell at ~$100 in the US, dunno about european prices.
This would give more analog I/O for stereo use, plus add S/PDIF and MIDI
connections, if needed, all with pretty low latencies.

One issue: As a two-card sandwich, it fills two PCI places, though only
require one PCI _slot_ for connections. Your mentioned VIA board can be
used with an angled PCI adapter/riser. Depending on how much it lifts
above the mobo, the EMU sandwich may fall in place.

Google <+"E-MU 1212M" +linux +driver>  suggests Linux/ALSA support; only
checked some of those links. Somewhere in this, EMU1212m is mentioned:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Changes_v1.0.13_v1.0.14rc1

For my own ideas, I'd still consider a USB touch-panel effective for a
GUI design, even if more costly shopping, as it obliverates the need for
designing buttons (electronics/mechanics), which of cause depends on the
product target. A looper may not need much GUI operation. YMMV..
Haven't looked much for such an [affordable] panel, though..

This thread is geting more'n'more interesting by the hour ;)

(BTW, please set your Outlook to autowrap at ~72 chars :) )

--
rgds,
van Sinn