Re: virgin looper

Quoting michael wall <drum@hawaii.rr.com>:

> what I would appreciate is recommendations about which real-time
> looping devices would be useful.  simple is probably best. i'm adept
> with my feet, so pedals are in the picture too.

Hi!

Compared to others on this list, I am relatively new to looping (I've
been at it around a year now).  The performances at the Y2K7 Loopfest
were fantastic.

One performer who kept things simple was Genie.  He played a guitar
and a loop pedal (someone chime in with the make).  That's it.  I
think most folks who were there would agree that he pushed the loop
pedal to the max and delivered a great set.  He played the loop
station like an instrument along with his guitar, often alternating
between the two so fast that it was hard to follow.

So yes, start simple and make a lot of music -- sounds like a good plan to
me.

You might want to check out the Loopers-delight website under "tools
of the trade" for ideas about various looping equipment.

All the best to you!

-- Kevin