Re: OT: noatikl , generative music tools?

On 15 nov 2007, at 18.22, Qua Veda wrote:

> Hi
> Is anyone using Noatikl ? or other 'generative music' tools ?
> It seems that Koan made famous by Brian Eno in the 90's, is no
> longer in use
> these days.  I'm sure there are generative music patches available
> in Max,
> too.

Never heard about Noatikl, but of course you can set up generative
processes in Max. But you can do that i Ableton Live  as well.
Whenever there is a random generating module available you can start
patching. In Live it's called "Clip Launch Follow Action". The way
clips are launched (into play - a clip can be an audio loop, a looped
MIDI sequence, a one-shot something, controller data for something
else etc etc) can be set with a chosen probability. And there are
nine alternatives for where the "play head" shall go next.

Numerology is also about to get good randomization. And Mobius have
randomization capability in scripting. There are probably many more
options that I just don't get to think of right now...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)